THE DAILY PRESS HAS BEEN OUR REGION’S SOURCE OF LOCAL NEWS AND THE WATCHDOG THAT KEEPS GOVERNMENTS AND CORPORATIONS ACCOUNTABLE.
NOW, THE VOICE OF OUR COMMUNITY IS UNDER ATTACK.
ALDEN GLOBAL CAPITAL, AN UNSCRUPULOUS HEDGE FUND AIMED AT LINING THE POCKETS OF A HANDFUL OF INVESTORS AT THE EXPENSE OF NEWS, ACCOUNTABILITY AND THE PEOPLE OF OUR COMMUNITY, IS WORKING RIGHT NOW TO SEIZE CONTROL OF THE DAILY PRESS AND OTHER NEWSPAPERS ACROSS THE COUNTRY.
WE WON'T STAND FOR IT. WE KNOW YOU WON'T EITHER.
THAT’S WHY LOCAL HEROES LIKE YOU ARE JOINING THE SAVE OUR DAILY PRESS CAMPAIGN
When Heath Freeman and his hedge fund, Alden Global Capital, destroy newspapers, PEOPLE AND COMMUNITIES SUFFER.
RESEARCH SHOWS THAT:
- People are left in the dark about important local events
- Local governments and large corporations aren’t held accountable
- People are unsure of how their tax dollars are being spent
- Citizens are less likely to vote
- Poor and disenfranchised communities become invisible